Whatever step you are at in your playing career and no matter what your plans are afterwards, these TED Talks are sure to help you think differently and inspire you to keep moving forward.
- The Power of Vulnerability – Brené Brown: With over 6 million views, this one is a must listen and will change your perspective
- Success, failure and the drive to keep creating – Elizabeth Gilbert: Achieving success can be scary, because now you have to live up to your reputation
- How to Succeed? Get More Sleep – Arianna Huffington: As athletes, something we are taught the only way to succeed is to live & breathe our sport. Huffington reminds us how you can still achieve success with balance.
- Embrace the Near Win – Sarah Lewis: The most important thing isn’t achieving a goal, but what you learn along the way, embracing near-wins and near-failures.
- What Fear Can Teach Us – Karen Thompson: No longer being an athlete is scary. But fear is actually a tool we can use and not just something to ignore or overcome.